I posted on my instagram a chocolate cake and had a few people ask for the recipe so here it is, I am going to apologize for the pictures before hand because they were taken with my phone!!!
Lily was super proud of her big girl helping with the cake!!!
I adapted this recipe from Great Grub Delicious Treats
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup soften butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2¼ cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray the bundt pan with cooking spray, use Joy baking spray if you have it, I usually do but had run out, so I just used regular Canola spray
- You will need to drain your zucchini, by squeezing the water out using a clean kitchen towel, don’t use a paper towel because they will just break under the pressure and you will be left with a mess, (don’t ask how I know that :-))
- Beat together the sugar and butter, until combined and then add in the eggs and vanilla, beat together until creamy
- Dump in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, and salt in to the bowl with the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. (I really love using Mary Berry’s method of dumping everything in, it rarely steers me wrong) combine everything together, when you think it is a hot mess add the milk and it will start to come together.
- Once it looks like a cake batter add in all your drained zucchini, and combine everything until it is all mixed in.
- Pour it into the bundt pan making sure to level it off, then pop it in to the oven for about 60 minutes. Check your cake starting around 50 minutes or so, depending if your oven runs hot you might need to take it out before the 60.
- You can test it with a cake tester, or if you push down in the middle and it springs back you are pretty much golden.
- Let it rest in the pan for about 5 to 10 minutes and then bravely flip it over on to your cake stand or plate. You can choose to find a yummy frosting to put on top or eat it plain like we did.
This cake was a huge hit with my kids, and even though it isn’t super healthy I felt good giving it to them, because I knew a veggie was in there. They did have it for breakfast the next morning too!!!
My kids dived into right after dinner, before I could snap a complete picture of it.
Hope you all enjoy it and let me know how you liked it, and if there was anything you changed about the recipe!!!!