I have a friend, who during the summer bring a vegan ceviche to the pool every time, and let me tell you it is delicious. So I decided I would come up with a recipe like it. Remember you can adjust the spiciness and other items in the recipe if you need to, make it your own. And if you wanna add some shrimp or fish in there go ahead!!!
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 a small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeño, chopped, you can remove the seeds depending on your heat level
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup V8 Juice or tomato juice
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
All you have to do is throw everything in a bowl and mix it up, let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least a couple hours up to overnight, for the flavors to meld. And that’s it. Super easy. Serve with saltines or your favorite sides with ceviche!!!