I asked on my social media platforms how do you make your kiddo feel extra special? The responses were great, full of great ways to help those kids feel extra loved on the days they need it.
- Simply stopping what ever you are doing, and really listen to what they have to say.
- Pack a love note in their lunch every day.
- Unplug and spend some play time with them.
- Tell them when they do a good job or have a great day.
- Let them help make something, like dinner.
- Applaud them when they do good things, even when they are small things.
- Make up a silly rhyme to celebrate small things.
- Hot Chocolate dates before school
- Beauty session with your girls, no matter what their age.
- Play your sons favorite game, video, board, or imagination.
- One on One dates once a month.
- Always saying I love you.
- Kisses and cuddles.
- Positive Affirmations.
- Reading their favorite books or a new book.
- Chat with them before bed, and really listen and hear about their day.
- Dance together for no reason.
- Special treats after school.
The responses were all great, and the most common one was spending one on one time with each of their kiddos. As they get bigger, our lives seem to get busier, so remembering some of these things and putting them in place, will always remind them that we love them. I know I am always looking for different ways to make sure my kids know they are loved by me and are special to me. It can be easy to forget to make that happen, but it makes such a big difference in their lives. Something they will remember you doing for them and it will always give them a warm and fuzzy feeling when they need it.
What do you do with your kiddos to make them feel extra special? I would love to hear it!!!